Regional Sales Manager, SE Asia – Life Sciences, Diagnostics
Hartmann Young are seeking a Regional Sales Manager, to cover South-East Asia in its entirety, for a multinational market leading diagnostic company.
Build a multi-million EUR business, with a focus on distribution in South-East Asia of global portfolio of specialty clinical diagnostics tests (incl. infectious, oncology, prenatal and woman health, cardiology, genetic disorders, etc) to B2B customers in South East Asia (routine laboratories, hospitals, clinics, medical centers, IVF centers, pathologists, specialty physicians (gynaecologists, oncologists, neurologists, etc)
- Set up and become the Managing Director of our Clients company in South-East Asia. This company will sell their global portfolio of specialty clinical diagnostics tests (incl. infectious, oncology, prenatal and woman health, cardiology, genetic disorders, etc) to B2B customers in South East Asia (routine laboratories, hospitals, clinics, medical centers, IVF centers, pathologists, specialty physicians (gynaecologists, oncologists, neurologists, etc)
- Build a growth strategy for specialty clinical diagnostics in Asia. Based on market development, competitive moves and innovative thinking, identify, map and prioritise potential customers and sales opportunities in South-East Asia.
- Develop a portfolio of prospects; Convert high priority clients into sales; Initiate, develop and grow relationship with key accounts in South East Asia
- Actively seek participation in tenders and hospital laboratory outsourcing opportunities
- As the business grows, build a team; Hire sales executives and support team when required.
- Build our Clients brand in South East Asia; Deliver high quality presentations and maintain ongoing customer communication regarding our capabilities; develop strategic marketing plans and marketing materials; Organise and/or participate in conferences for Key Opinion Leaders, Doctors and other medical staff;
- Organise sample logistics between client premises and Eurofins laboratories and strive to reduce turn-around-time as much as you can to exceed customer’s expectations
- Disseminate and report information regarding developments in the marketplace and competitive information; Monitor competitor activity and competitors’ products;
- Maintain effective communication with the trade through regular field travel, convention attendance, customer visits and third party influence contacts. Keep abreast of trade developments
- Manage the P&L and cash of your company; develop and deliver an ambition plan
- Negotiate inter-company prices for tests
- Perform other duties as assigned.
« Go to Job Search
- Strong understanding of the South East Asian clinical testing market (e.g. through an experience in the routine/specialty pathology market, or as an IVD sales manager, or as a distributor);
- Good contacts within the clinical laboratory sector, hospitals, clinics, medical centers and specialty physicians;
- Set up and/or significant growth of a distribution business in the healthcare sector
- Managed a multi-country distribution business in Asia, ideally in charge of the P&L
- Entrepreneurial; Ability to work independently locally, and as part of a team globally, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude;
- Responsive, problem solving and action oriented mindset;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail; excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills