Senior Capture Lead, London UK – Aerospace & Defence
Hartmann Young are working with a key global leader in search of an Experienced Capture Lead Manager for a European Maritime Programme.
The Export Submarine Capture Lead is responsible for the strategic development of the company’s business aspirations in support of capturing the submarine export business and will work alongside the sales manager to obtain this growth business
The role requires a focus on managing ‘Upwards’ and ‘Outwards’, ensuring the support of senior stakeholders within the business, as well as driving external stakeholder performance towards a united and cohesive outcome – this is a ‘Big Picture’ role, ‘Leading the Charge’ in ensuring delivery of a robust Main Sonar solution and, in so doing, laying the foundation for significant Order Book growth.
- Work across the Maritime Mission System business to define, organise and implement a Main Sonar strategy, articulated via a clearly understood and agreed end-to-end Plan-on-a-Page
- Replacement Sonar strategy and, equally, recommend its refinement where it runs counter to the desire to achieve an optimised multi-stakeholder agreed outcome
- Ensure the Thales business aspiration is central to the development of the Walrus
- Ensure there are clear lines of communication and identified points of contact across the disciplines between both the organisation and customer
- Support the customer in their formal and informal engagements.
- Provide a communications conduit, both formally and informally, between the respective operational teams
- Be seen to be at the heart of the customer programme planning activity, and become an accepted and respected member of the team
- Identify and reconcile priority conflicts across bids, resource allocation and implementation activities
- Provide the formal infrastructure for regular senior stakeholder engagement in, visibility of, and sponsorship for ongoing cooperative working.
- Foster a collegiate relationship with the customer.
- Take ownership and accountability of the bid
- Ensure a full internal Launch of the Main Sonar Programme to ensure it is understood, and the detailed activities that underpin the progressive maturity of the programme
- Produce an agreed and baselined Plan-on-a-Page that can be used to underpin resource allocation to the bidding and implementation phases of the Programme
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Proven Capture Lead Experience within the Defence Maritime Sector
- Strong interpersonal and customer intimacy skills
- Excellent communication skills (internal and external)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Economics or related discipline. MBA / Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Capture Lead
- Experience in the Defensive Maritime (Anti-Submarine) business is essential for consideration for his role
« Go to Job Search
- Location is flexible, but will require extensive cooperation with the sales and delivery teams in Cheadle Heath and Templecombe